Week 2 : Cell phone radiation – how bad is it really?
Cell phones are part of our lives today and I cannot imagine life without them. There are still many questions on long-term use side effects.
Helpful tips to minimise EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) exposure of cell phones
- Always put your phone on airplane mode when it’s in your pocket or up against your body.
- Remember to turn off additional transmissions when not in use (bluetooth, wifi, etc).
- When you sleep at night, don’t leave your phone next to your head, or up against your body and don’t keep it under your pillow. A good idea to use airplane mode at night.
- Pregnant women should always keep the phone away from their tummy.
- Use earbuds, headsets, or the speaker when talking.
- Swop sides of the head when talking on the cell phone.
- Take breaks and go to places where there is no cell phone reception – get off the grid.
- Limit the screen time for kids. Aim for a 5-1 ratio of play to modern technology.
The following two tabs change content below.
Dr James Liddell is an Integrated Healthcare Specialist (B.Pharm; M.Pharm; PhD; SAPC and PSSA registered) specialising in integrating different disciplines of healthcare to ensure holistic healthcare solutions. With 25 years experience as a Pharmacist, Dr of Nutrition and Complementary & Alternative Medicine Healthcare Practitioner, he believes lifestyle is ultimately the key to optimal health; a good nutritional foundation combined with sound emotional health are the fundamentals to what he calls ‘the optimal health zone’.
Latest posts by James Liddell (see all)
- The Benefits of Hypnotherapy for Children - April 15, 2019
- Where does hypnotherapy fit in holistic healthcare? - March 18, 2019
- Learn how to calm the circuits and take back your power from anxiety and stress - March 11, 2019