20 Simple steps to get the energy levels and immune system of a health freak NOW by Dr James Liddell M.Pharm PhD
Are you ready to make an investment in your health that will make your friends jealous when they fall apart in their old age?
- Healthy eating made easy
Eat at least 50% RAW – it is so easy to start your day with a green juice and a salad before meals. Do you have an apple and a cucumber in your fridge? Buy broccoli and blend the above for a healthy green juice.
A green juice and a salad before meals will add superfood to your day for a great start.
Why is raw food so healthy for you?
- You have more energy for daily activities like playing with your children after work
- Lose weight twice as fast and see the centimeters drop
- It will boost your immune system naturally and you decrease your risk of illness money on antibiotics
- You will have more free time so that you can go to the gym or movies
- You will improve your chronic disease management: diabetes, allergies and many other ailments
- You will look radiant and attractive
- You will digest your food better
- You will absorb your nutrients better.
- Relieve bloating
Why is it beneficial to eat organic foods when possible?
Organic fruit and vegetables contain at least 4x more nutrition and no herbicides or pesticides. Your food has higher nutrient value and you have to take less supplements.
Eating free-range grass-fed protein will reduce the exposure of body to toxins
Free range livestock is not exposed to antibiotics, cortisone or hormones and are available from selected butchers. Less toxins in your body will make you feel healthier.
You will reduce trans-fat intake and reduce heart disease by
- Avoiding deep fried food
- Use oils that does not turn into a transfat easily
- The many health benefits of good quality water
Facts about municipal water
Municipal water is chemically cleaned before we use it. Some chemicals stay in the water after the cleaning process DBP (disinfection by-product). There are many different disinfection by-products and only one is monitored – trihalomethanes. DBP`s (disinfection by-products) are associated with cancers of the bladder, colon and rectum; adverse birth effects like spontaneous abortion; low birth weight and congenital malformations.
Remember the following about water and you will have many health benefits:
- In 75% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. So, it is a great test to take a glass of water first before you eat and get to know your body better.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolismas much as 3% and you will gain weight.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangsfor almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. When you feel that your energy levels are dropping during the day, consider sipping some water. It is a great habit to always have a bottle of water with you. Habitual eaters will find that they will just take a sip of water instead of searching the fridge for something to eat.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. If the thought of 8 glasses of water feels overwhelming, just try to keep water with you. You will be surprised at how easy it is to establish a water drinking habit by playfully taking a sip now and then instead of trying to swallow a full glass of water at once 8 times a day.
- A mere 2% drop in body water will triggerfuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%,plus it will slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Water regulates body temperature and maintains bowel movements. It will also build resistance to infection by nourishing the mucous lining of the respiratory tract.
- Exercising at least 3 hours per week has enormous health benefits
The Benefits of regular exercise keeps our bodies in good shape, our minds focussed and has long term benefits. Do something that you enjoy and you will do it regularly.
You will experience the following benefits of regular exercise
You will have a stronger musculoskeletal system
- Increase muscle strength and muscle mass
- Increases flexibility of muscles and range of joint motion
- Produces stronger bones, ligaments, and tendons
- Lessens chance of injury
- Enhances posture, poise, and physique
- Prevents osteoporosis
You will have improved heart function and blood vessels
- Lowers resting heart rate
- Strengthens heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves oxygen delivery throughout the body
- Increases blood supply to muscles
- Enlarges the arteries that provide blood to the heart muscle
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease
- Helps lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Raises levels of HDL the “good” cholesterol
You will experience the following bodily process benefits
- Improves immune function
- Aids digestion and elimination
- Increases endurance and energy levels
- Promotes lean body mass; burn fat
You will feel content
- Provides a natural release from pent-up feelings
- Helps reduce tension and anxiety
- Improves mental outlook and self-esteem
- Helps relieve moderate depression
- Improves the ability to handle stress
- Stimulates improved mental function
- Induces relaxation and improves sleep
- Increases self-esteem
- Improves sexual function in both men and women
- Meditate at least once a day for 15 minutes will and you manage stress better
Meditation and exercise are best and most affordable remedies for stress management. Meditation on a daily basis will keep you cool in the storm. Peace is happiness. Create the discipline to meditate daily and experience peace at all times. What happens in your daily life is a reflexion of what happens inside you. Meditate 20-30 minutes a day. Start with 5-10 minutes and build it up.
- Meditate daily at the same time. Meditate before meals.
- Open eyes wander – better to close your eyes.
- Sit in a chair or cross-legged on the floor.
- Sit straight up – head and chin lifted – arms and hands relaxed in your lap.
- Sit still, but if you cannot then walk and meditate. When walking, keep your head up, swing your arms, gaze ahead and synchronize your breathing with your walking.
- Learn to meditate – philosophyschool.com , www.tmincapetown.co.za and download “HEADSPACE” on your smart phone for guided meditation.
- Detoxing at least once a year will put the sparkle back in your life
Toxins will make you feel awful and you need to detox at least once a year to get sparkle back into your life.
- Overindulging and bad eating habits (diet high in: refined carbohydrates, sugar and alcohol) will lead to toxin overload.
- Liver toxins: alcohol, drugs, solvents, pesticides, herbicides and food additives
- Heavy metal exposure: petrol, diesel, jewellers, battery makers and printers
- Microbial compounds: toxins like amines produced by bacteria and yeast in our gut
- Breakdown products from protein metabolism: toxic waste from protein metabolism is eliminated via kidneys.
Eliminating the effect of toxins will radically improve the following conditions
- Migraine and headaches
- Joint pain
- Chemical sensitivities
- Slow metabolism and low energy
- Reducing salt and sugar intake will improve your health
Salt increases the absorption of sugar and will aggravate oedema. Sodium or a lack of calcium, magnesium or potassium will increase blood pressure. Sodium and potassium also maintain the body’s water balance, nerve and muscle impulses. Table salt contains too much sodium and no potassium, magnesium and calcium. The imbalance between sodium and potassium is the big problem in salt. A lot of sodium is hidden in processed food, preserved food and cool drinks. Use a balanced salt like Herbamore or Himalayan salts in moderation where you will find a balanced composition between potassium, calcium, sodium and magnesium.
- Sugar is addictive (eight times more addictive than cocaine)
- It disturbs minerals in your body causing chromium and copper deficiencies, as well asproblems with the absorption of calcium and magnesium
- A rapid rise of adrenaline, causing hyperactivity, anxiety, poor concentrationfoul moods in children, and aggravate ADHD
- Will raises total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad cholesterol and decreases good cholesterol
- Causes drowsiness and decreases activity in children
- Causes food allergies
- Childhood eczema
- Reduces learning capacity and causes learning disorders
- Anti-social behaviour and other emotional disorders
- Depression and emotional instability
- Alters your mind’s ability to think clearly by causing an increase in delta, alpha and theta brain waves
- Increases risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Toxemia during pregnancy
- Will lead to premature delivery and a twofold risk of low birth weight infants in pregnant adolescents
- Increase the risk of polio
- Slows down adrenal gland function
- Hormonal imbalances including increased estrogen in men, exacerbates PMS and decreases the growth hormone
- Decreases insulin sensitivity causing abnormal high insulin levels and eventually diabetes
- Increases fasting glucose levels and causes reactive hypoglycemia
- Increases liver size by making your liver cells divide and increase liver fat amounts
- Changes into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than starch
- High blood pressure
- Induces cell death
- Changes the structure of collagen causing premature skin aging
- Cancer cells thrive in a sugar rich environment. Sugar has been linked to thedevelopment of several cancers including breast, ovarian, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung, gallbladder and stomach
- Problems with gastrointestinal tract including an acidic digestive tract, indigestion, mal-absorption in functional bowel disease patients, increased risk of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis will be caused by sugar
- Sugar will cause acidic saliva leading to tooth decay, and periodontal disease
- Sugar stimulates LPL (lipoprotein lipase) which is a fat storing enzyme
- Suppresses your immune system and increasing risk of infectious diseases
- Sugar contains traces of herbicides, pesticides and bleaches
- Research has shown it directly affect focusing ability it slows and disables it
- One spoonful affects short sighted vision for an hour
- By having a blood test at least once a year, you will feel more in charge of your health
Hip to waist ratio
- Happiness and laughter will improve relationships
A friendly and smiley face will improve relationships. You will rather talk to a smiley face than a grumpy one. Laughter defuses conflict and improves group bonding. We all love to go home and see our happy pets. Our partners should be like our pets – always happy to see us.
- Why drinking less Alcohol will have massive health benefits
Short-term side effects of using alcohol include:
- Reduced concentration
- Affect co-ordination and slower reflexes
- Loss of inhibitions and more confidence
- Cause a flushed appearance
- Blurred vision and slurred speech
- Intensify moods, e.g. aggression, elation, depression
- Cause headaches
- Cause nausea and vomiting
- Increase risk of injuries associated with falls, accidents, violence and intentional self-harm
- Increase motor vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Cause blackouts
- Increase risk of drowning
- Increase risk of fires
- Cause alcohol poisoning, coma and death when large amounts are consumed
- Slows your metabolism and will cause weight gain
Long-term side effects of alcohol
Drinking a lot of alcohol regularly over time is likely to cause physical, emotional or social problems. These may include:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Cancer of: mouth, pharynx, larynx, oesophagus, bowel (in men) and breast (in women)
- Heart disease: a range of diseases affecting the heart and blood, and including stroke and hypertension
- Nerves of the arms and legs will get affected
- Brain injury: alcohol-related
- Alcohol addiction
- Toxic effects on pregnancy or and breastfeeding
- Leads to poor diet and deficiencies
- Digestive problems
- Reduced resistance to disease and more frequent infections
- Aggravate skin problems
- Sexual impotence and a reduction in fertility
- Long term and short-term concentration and term memory problems
- Aggravate and initiate depression
- Family and relationship problems that will lead to divorce
- Reduction in work performance
- Legal and financial difficulties over the long term
- Alcohol disrupts the harmony between the chakras and meridians
Zero alcohol consumption will enhance the harmony between the chakras and meridians
The more you become aware of the effect’s alcohol has on your physical self, the more your consciousness makes this a reality for you. Because of this imbalance, you will notice stronger headaches, aches and pains and a general low energy. This may also trickle into your mental state bringing up negative thoughts, behaviour and swinging moods.
Your aura is vulnerable to negative energy
Auras are very sensitive depending on our emotional state. When you drink, it is more difficult for your intuitive self to guide you which may leave you open to the energies of other people and other beings. When your inhibitions are lowered from alcohol you allow your energetic body to be influenced. Places like bars and clubs don’t particularly carry high vibrations or vibrational beings.
Drink responsibly, don’t drink and drive and if you suspect to have an addiction to alcohol get help. First port of call National Helpline: 0861 HELP AA (435-722).
- Quit smoking
Your benefits of quitting – just a few
- Become better in your favourite sport
- Stop further lung damage
- Lower cancer risk
- Lower ED and will improve sex life
- Reduce risk for osteoporosis
- Immune system improves
- Your benefits of safe sex
- Prevent HIV and STD`s by using condoms. Have a blood test when you have a new partner before having unprotected sex to confirm no HIV or STD`s
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies
- Prevention of cervical and throat cancer in women
- Prevention of genital and throat cancer in men
- Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing will prevent the Corona virus and other germs from spreading
The flu virus is passed from one person to the other person through fluids from mouth and nose secretions. When we cough and sneeze, those droplets go into the air and germs spread.
- Malaria will be prevented by taking anti-malaria medication that you buy from your pharmacy without a prescription
We have 198 million cases of malaria worldwide each year. The world population is 7.8 billion, and 3.2 billion people are at risk for contracting malaria. Annually, there are about 584,000 deaths from malaria worldwide and 90 percent occur in Africa.
14. Accidents will be prevented when you don’t use your cell phone when driving
23% of car accidents involve cell phone use – that is 1.3 million crashes in the USA. Minimise cell phone use whilst driving.
- Health benefits by washing your hands regularly
Washing your hands properly will help prevent the spread of the germs (like bacteria and viruses) that cause these diseases.
- Why should you follow special ways to prepare food
It is important that worktops, kitchen utensils and chopping boards are clean before you start preparing food. If they’ve been touched by raw meat, poultry, eggs or vegetables it is important that you will have to wash them thoroughly. Please change the dish cloths regularly to avoid any bacteria growing on the material.
- Why should you check your antioxidants?
Your benefits of a regular antioxidant checks
- Boost your immune system
- Increase fertility
- Protect the body against cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Cataracts and Arthrosclerosis
- Repair and protect damaged molecules like your DNA
- Chelate heavy metals
- Stimulate the body`s own genes
- More energy
- Supports detoxification
- You will prevent skin cancer with sun protection
Wear sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15+. Regular application of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 during the first 18 years of life will lower the risk of some types of skin cancer by more than 75 per cent. But don’t stop slapping it on when you’re older than 18. Apply the SPF cream to all areas – including ears, lips, hands, neck, hands, arms and feet. A sunscreen is not a license for sun exposure – remember no direct sunlight between 9.30 am and 4pm.
Don’t use sunscreens that contain Retinyl palmitate (a form of vitamin A) and oxybenzone, they will actually advance skin tumours when exposed to ordinary sunlight. The best sun protection is common sense: Go inside, or into the shade, when you start to turn pink, or after 15 to 20 minutes.
Checking your skin regularly means you’ll become familiar with what’s normal for you. If you find anything unusual see your doctor right away, otherwise go for a routine skin cancer check annually
- When you manage your weight you will not become part of the following statistics
- There are currently 1 billion overweight people globally
- 33% of men and 50% of women in South Africa are either overweight or obese
- Obesity is associated with at least 30 medical conditions – let’s name a few: diabetes, cancers, arthritis, hypertension and gallstones
- A mere loss of 10% of bodyweight will reduce diseases associated with obesity with 50%
- More people in South Africa will die of diabetes related causes than aids
- Taking your supplements daily will boost your immune system and energy levels
- RDA`s are standards set by governments to prevent diseases like scurvy and not for optimal health.
- The Bateman report of 1985 stated that 85% of people who thought they ate well did not meet the RDA requirements.3
- Statistically 10% people meet RDA requirements.
- Modern man’s diet is full of empty calories because of high sugar, fat and refined flours.
Do you know a friend who you think this article can help, then please share it.