What is a leaky GUT?
Leaky gut develops due to gaps between the cells (enterocytes) that make up the membrane lining of your intestinal wall.
The tiny gaps allow substances such as undigested food, bacteria and metabolic waste that should be confined to your digestive tract, to escape into your bloodstream. Once the integrity of your intestinal lining is compromised, and there is a flow of toxic substances “leaking out” into your bloodstream, your body experiences significant increases in inflammation.
The gut inflammation can lead to food intolerances, which can lead to immune system problems and finally you can also develop autoimmune diseases (your immune system becomes confused and begins to attack your own body).
Once the gut wall is permeable, perfectly normal foods can become toxic to the body.
How does your body develop Leaky Gut?
- Stress: High stress levels because of work or home problems.
- Toxins: Alcohol; heavy metal toxicity.
- Diet: Gluten; deficiencies; high refined carbohydrate diet; food allergies; sugar.
- Drugs: Aspirin; antibiotics; caffeine; chemicals like preservatives; NSAIMS; cortisone; hormones.
- Pathogens: Bad bacteria; parasites.
- Organ malfunction: Low digestive enzyme production.
- PH: Body becomes acidic.
- Dybosis: Overgrowth of bad and candida.
The above factors will progress to gut inflammation, food intolerance’s, immune system conditions and eventually to autoimmune disease if no intervention takes place.
Organs affected by leaky gut and their associated diseases
Most diseases start in the digestive system. Keep your digestive system healthy and happy and you do not have to suffer your whole life with the above diseases. Get tested and experience optimal health again.
Latest posts by James Liddell (see all)
- Where does hypnotherapy fit in holistic healthcare? - March 18, 2019
- Learn how to calm the circuits and take back your power from anxiety and stress - March 11, 2019
- Hypnotherapy and the role of consciousness in the healing process - February 15, 2019