Laughter is medicine that does not cost you money and it can boost your immune system and keep you healthy for longer
12 Reasons Why You Should Laugh and Smile More
- Laughter can boost your immune system by stimulating endorphins. Endorphins can boost your immune system and keep you healthier during winters and high stress periods in your life
- Laughter reduces stress. When you laugh, you balance your stress hormones and you feel better. In addition, you do not need medicine to calm you
- Research has found that to laugh or smile when you feel low makes you feel better afterwards.
- A friendly and smiley face will improve relationships. You will rather talk to a smiley face than a grumpy one
- A smiley and friendly face will enhance trust in business. You will rather do business with someone who has a friendly face. It can also increase the perception of competence
- Laughter and smiling can reduce pain because of the stimulating effect on endorphins
- A friendly and smiley face will enhance your attractiveness. People are attracted to friendly and smiley faces
- Smiling and laughter has anti aging benefits. When you smile more, you frown less and look younger
- Laughter relaxes all you muscles
- Laughter reduces heart attacks and strokes because it enhances blood flow
- Laughter defuses conflict and improves group bonding
- Laughter eases anxiety and fear
Ways to help you stay calm and happy daily
- Take time and laugh at yourself. Share those embarrassing moments. One of the best ways to take yourself less seriously is to talk about times when you took yourself too seriously
- Attempt to laugh at situations rather than to highlight the negativity of them. Look for the humour in a bad situation and this will help improve your mood and the mood of those around you
- Surround yourself with reminders to smile more. Keep a funny toy on your desk or in your car. Put up a funny posts and choose a computer screensaver that makes you laugh. Frame photos of you and your family or friends whilst having fun
- Always keep things in perspective. Many things in life are beyond your control— LET GO. Travel light – life is too short to carry heavy burdens
- Manage your stress. Stress is a killer of humour and laughter
- Always pay attention to children and pets. They are the experts on playing, taking life less seriously, and laughing
- Listen and look at humour – movies, cd`s and friends – rid yourself of grumpy and negative friends. They will only drag you DOWN!
Do you laugh enough with friends or do they tend to make you feel less than? Rather replace negative relationships with those that inspire you. It will boost your immune system and cause you to be less sick, more happy.