How to achieve Optimal Health through lifestyle modification and natural medicine
1. Who wants average health in 2018? – NO ONE I KNOW OF
2. To experience Optimal Health you need balance and goals in all spheres of your life
- Physical health
- Emotional health
- Spiritual health
- Financial health
3. Definition of Optimal Health:
Optimal health will encompass the following: optimal mental performance, emotional balance, optimal physical performance, low incidence of disease and a long healthy lifespan.
4. Once you experience optimal health
The wheel of life is round and roll freely – then that spontaneous inner combustion will take place and you will live a life of abundance.
5. Now to optimize your Health in 2018
You must have goals in all spheres of your life and in the health segment a good place to start is to clean out the “Festive Season toxins”.
6. Examples of toxins
- Liver toxicants: alcohol, drugs, solvents, pesticides, herbicides and food additives
- Heavy metal exposure: petrol, diesel, jewelers, battery makers and printers
- Microbial compounds: toxins like amines produced by bacteria and yeast in our gut
- Breakdown products from protein metabolism: toxic waste from protein metabolism is eliminated via kidneys.
7. Effect of toxins on your health
- Feeling nausea, sluggish, headaches
- General arthralgias
- Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
8. Toxin overload and detoxification
The liver is the most important detoxification organ, but the following organs are also involved in the detoxification process like: skin, kidneys, lungs, intestines, genital organs and hormonal system.
The body will eliminate toxins either by neutralizing them, or excreting them via urine and/or faeces and/or excreting toxins through lungs and skin. Toxins that are not eliminated get stored in connective tissues and fat stores. These toxins can stay in the body for up to 25 years.
When toxins are not eliminated properly because of overload you feel fatigued and sluggish. The liver starts with detoxification of connective tissue toxins at 01h00 and if there are still some toxins in your bloodstream when you wake up you have a hangover (headache, irritable and fatigue).
The detoxifying enzymes are dependent on vitamins, minerals and trace elements like Vitamin B3 , iron, molybdenum and selenium. If you are deficient of these nutrients you will not detoxify properly and more toxins will be stored in the connective tissues.
9. Detox advice
- Have a detox bath with 1 cup baking soda and 2 cups of Epsom salts
- Diet – fresh organic vegetables and fruit, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds and no meat
- Avoid food high in fats, additives and preservatives
- Drink lots of filtered water. Do a water fast over a weekend so that you can stay in bed while detoxing
- Avoid alcohol for a while and exercise
- Increase essential nutrient intake like: multivitamin with multiminerals, vitamin C, zinc, selenium and L-glutathione
- Use herbal remedies that will enhance liver function: milk thistle, dandelion, cat’s claw and garlic
- Probiotics: replenish gut flora – very sensitive to alcohol consumption and will prevent small intestinal bacteria overgrowth (winds, bloating, halitosis, constipation and diarrhoea)
- Avoid constipation – toxin overload in gut. Have Woolies low fat yoghurt or Woolies fat free Bulgarian yoghurt with ground linseeds and/or go for Colonic Hydrotherapy (Shaun Charter 021-689-4522) if needed
- Environmental toxins: ensure clean air and wear protective clothing if needed for sun protection
10. Consider a one to two week cleansing diet now.
11. Now – I have done my detox – what now?
Preventative screening and a lifestyle eating plan and specific supplements tailored for your individual needs.
12. Health Measurement goals
|Your result now||Health goal|
|BMI||18.5 – 24.9|
|Body fat %||19-23.9%|
|Exercise goals||5-6 times a week|
13. Remember as long as you live you can improve your health and life – do it now WHILST YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“What thing about humanity surprises you the most?”
His answer was as follows, “Man!” Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn’t enjoy the present. As a result he doesn’t live in the present or the future, but lives as if he’s never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived!
Latest posts by James Liddell (see all)
- Serotonin – the happy hormone - November 19, 2018
- Why mercury is not good for you - September 21, 2018
- Brain aneurysm – immediate medical attention is required - August 23, 2018